WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a COBOL Software Engineer, you will collaborate proactively with functional analysts to translate business and integration requirements into configurable application designs and solutions using ISeries/AS/400 batch and interactive COBOL programs. The senior will have application maintenance ownership, and the ability to work effectively with other technologies and account teams. Your primary responsibility will be to develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential.
• Develop application program logic from customer-defined specifications
• Analyzes existing program logic to determine best method of accomplishing required changes or cause of program malfunction.
• Performs maintenance and modification of programs currently in production to keep them responsive to user needs and to assure efficient operation in the production environment.
• Apply coding and analytical skills in all phases of the system life cycle
• Understand business, technical, and program requirements
• Test, debug, support and maintain application programs for customers in a variety of business areas and environments
• Develop a cooperative environment that fosters knowledge sharing and technical growth.
• Provide technical guidance and mentoring to the development team.
• Interview external resources for the project when necessary
• Directly report to PM and/or client
WHAT YOU ARE GOOD AT
To be successful candidate for this role, you have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
• Minimum 2-year experience in COBOL code analyzer software or projects which extracted business logic from mainframe COBOL systems
• Good at IT background and software development process
• Experience in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Experience with analytical skills and creating program specifications /requirements
• Experience in health insurance programs
• Good command of English communication (oral and written)
• Good presentation, interpersonal and collaboration skills, strong team working ability.