WHAT YOU WILL DO
Responsibilities include the following:
• Managing IT deployments for multiple Real Estate projects. This includes IT networking, telecommunications, and systems components.
• Act as single IT function (i.e. Core Service Engineering & Operations, aka “CSEO”) point of contact, with the wider cross-regional, project team (Real Estate, Security, Customer, etc.).
• Gather project requirements and document in a Project Charter.
• Build and submit project budgets, track “actual” costs, and ensure no unforeseen over runs.
• Liaise with Microsoft internal/partner Engineering teams, to have project specific Designs and Bills of Materials (BOMs) created, based on the requirements and needs of the project.
• Manage the ordering of all hardware, circuits (Telecom, internet) etc., required to fulfill project requirements and track until delivered and installed.
• Liaise with wider project team to ensure Microsoft’s IT standards, with respect to Comms Rooms and structured cabling, are adhered to.
• Track, maintain and communicate project schedules, using Microsoft Project.
• Establish a project communication plan, keeping the project team, stakeholders and management, up to date on each project being worked on. This includes representing CSEO at regular meetings with the wider project team and running regular Sync meetings with IT teams (Network & Telecoms Engineering, local IT Management).
• Work with and manage the supplier relationships in the delivery of projects and services.
• Identify technical and security concerns and work with the appropriate groups to mitigate/resolve them.
• Complete Post Project Reviews, for all completed projects, and share lessons learnt, with the wider PM community.
WHAT YOU ARE GOOD AT
• This is a very visible position with client interface. A positive attitude and pleasant demeanor are a plus.
• Excellent proficiency in written and spoken English.
• A graduate with 5+ years of overall IT (preferably Infrastructure) experience.
• 3+ years of Project Management experience.
• Project management certification (PMP or Prince2).
• Proven ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, with all stakeholders.
• Knowledge of various project management tools and practices across industries.
• Knowledge and ability to manage and lead, cross regional teams.
• Ability to work to and within standardised practises / processes.
• Ability to handle program financials.
• Ability to show leadership and to influence stakeholders.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity.
• Knowledge of IT networking, data cabling, IT Server Room buildouts, and other infrastructure related technologies.
• Self-starter who will get tasks going, without waiting for direction, and then lead to completion.