WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a Senior Magento Developer, you will be responsible for liaising with the design team, setting up Magento 1x and 2x sites, building modules and customizing extensions, testing the performance of each site, and maintaining security and feature updates after the installation is complete.
To ensure success as a Senior Magento Developer, you should have excellent object-orientated programming knowledge, hold certifications for Magento development. Ultimately, a high-level Magento Developer can build and maintain a user-friendly eCommerce platform that perfectly meets the needs of the client.
• Building and configuring Magento 1x and 2x eCommerce websites.
• Coding of the Magento templates.
• Developing Magento modules in PHP using best practices.
• Designing themes and interfaces.
• Setting performance tasks and goals.
• Troubleshooting integration issues.
• Updating website features and security patches.
• Collaborate with other developers and quality assurance engineers to deliver high quality products.
• Promote and encourage proper code documentation, software development methodology, version control and testing, and migration standards.
• Develop a cooperative environment that fosters knowledge sharing and technical growth.
• Provide technical guidance and mentoring to the development team.
• Interview external resources for the project when necessary
• Directly report to PM and/or client as well as play technical/project lead when necessary
WHAT YOU ARE GOOD AT
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information technology or related fields.
• Understanding of modern UI/UX trends.
• Knowledge of Google Tag Manager, SEO, Google Analytics, PPC, and A/B Testing.
• Experience with complete eCommerce lifecycle development.
• Very good understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP).
• Good command of English communication (oral and written).
• Good presentation, communication, problem solving skills with “can-do” attitude.